Moritz Systems are experts in embedded solutions that host innovative solutions in Fintech,
Insurtech, Smart Energy, Smart Buildings, Industry 4.0 (IIoT), HealthTech, Medtech, Digital Health,
Martech, Sustainability and Waste Management.
We specialize in x86_64 (64-bit x86) and AArch64 (64-bit ARM) embedded devices.
We offer board support package for multiple AArch64 devices, including:
- Amazon AWS,
- BeagleBone Black,
- Cubietech (Cubieboard2, Cubieboard4, Cubietruck, Cubietruck Plus),
- FriendlyARM (NanoPi M1, NanoPi NEO, NanoPi NEO Plus2, NanoPi NEO2),
- Hardkernel (ODROID-C1/C1+, ODROID-C2, ODROID-XU3/XU4),
- LeMaker Banana Pi,
- Libre Computer AML-S905X-CC (Le Potato),
- Merrii Hummingbird A31,
- Olimex (A10-OLinuXino-LIME, A20-OLinuXino-LIME2, A20-OLinuXino-LIME2-eMMC),
- PINE (A64 / PINE A64+, A64-LTS / SoPine with baseboard, H64, Pinebook. Pinebook Pro,
- Sinovoip Banana Pi BPI-M3,
- Xunlong (Orange Pi 2, Orange Pi One, Orange Pi Plus 2E, Orange Pi Zero),
- generic 32-bit and 64-bit ARM Qemu images.
If your hardware of interest is missing on the list, do contact us and we will check the
availability and our porting services.
We base our solutions on Open Source technology, especially on NetBSD - a business-friendly licensed
extremely portable, fast and modern UNIX-like Operating System,
with a dedicated community of commercial and hobbyist users.
A short list out of the major features:
- A complete Operating System originally based on 4.4BSD.
- Good conformance with POSIX interfaces.
- Modern and scalable SMP support.
- Linux emulation that provides a system call translation layer that allows unmodified Linux binaries to run on NetBSD systems.
- DTrace provides a comprehensive framework for tracing and troubleshooting kernel and application performance issues while under live load.
- ZFS a filesystem and logical volume manager from Solaris.
- TCP/IP network stack and support for IPv6.
- Firewalls in basesystem: npf, ipf, pf.
- Hardware assisted emulation through Xen, NVMM or HAXM.
- DRMKMS stack from Linux.
- Framebuffer, X Window and Wayland support.
- Availability of recent GNU and LLVM toolchain.
- Good support for modern debuggers (GDB, LLDB).
- Security and exploit mitigation features:
- Veriexec a file integrity subsystem.
- PaX ASLR (Address Space Layout Randomization)
- PaX MPROTECT (mprotect(2) restrictions)
- PaX SegvGuard that monitors the number of segmentation faults in a program on a per-users basis.
- gcc(1) stack-smashing protection (SSP)
- bounds checked libc functions (FORTIFY_SOURCE)
- Protections against NULL pointer dereferences
- Per-user temporary storage to avoid potential security issues in programs using /tmp.
- KAUTH Curtain visibility restricting of various parts of the system and affecting programs such as ps(1), fstat(1), netstat(1) etc.
- Administrative security
- Kernel ASLR
- Kernel W^X
- Kernel and Userland Sanitizers
Are you interested in certain features and use-cases of your appliance?
Contact us and we can deliver the additional features
or refine the preexisting for you.
Third Party Software Support
We specialize in delivering software and tailor made solutions, especially based on pkgsrc(TM).
pkgsrc is a framework for building third-party software on NetBSD and other UNIX-like systems,
currently containing over 22,500 packages.
It is used to enable freely available software to be configured and built easily on 23 supported platforms.
If your software stack relies on Open Source 3rd party components
they are already most likely shipped with pkgsrc or could be easily added.